Website Privacy notice
Imogen’s Luxuries is a trading name for Imogen’s Luxuries Limited company number 14234133. Our registered address is 1 Royal Terrace, Southend-on-Sea SS1 1EA. In this privacy notice we will refer to ourselves as ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’.
You can contact us in any of the following ways:
- by phoning us on 07852 723055
- by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by writing to us at the above address
We take the privacy, including the security, of personal information we hold about you seriously. This privacy notice is designed to inform you about how we collect personal information about you and how we use that personal information. You should read this privacy notice carefully so that you know and can understand why and how we use the personal information we collect and hold about you.
If you have any queries you should contact us on the above email address.
The key terms that we use throughout this privacy notice are defined below, for ease:
Personal Information: in this privacy notice we refer to your personal data as ‘personal information’. ‘Personal information’ means any information from which a living individual can be identified. It does not apply to information which has been anonymised.
Special Information: This is sensitive information which relates to information such as gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, criminal convictions etc. We do not collect, hold or store any such information about you.
Details of Personal Information which we collect and hold about you
Set out below are the general categories
Types of Personal Data in that category
This is information relating to your contact details such as e-mail address, addresses, telephone numbers
This is the information you generated to access your account.
We can see the transactional amounts paid to us by you in exchange for purchase of goods. We do not store your credit card information. All payments are made by 3rd party Shopify payments and are not handled by ourselves.
This is information relating to your contact details such as e-mail address, addresses, telephone numbers used to make transactions through our website.
This is information relating to your marketing and communications preferences. You can unsubscribe from marketing at any time by contacting us on the email above.
Website, Device and Technical Information
This is information about your use of our website and technical data which we collect (including your IP address, details about the time zone and location settings on the device and other information we receive about your device). This helps us identify if the purchase made is likely to be genuine or fraudulent. This information is only viewed if we suspect a fraudulent transaction e.g. use of a stolen or fraudulent payment method.
Details of how and why we use personal information
- We are only able to use your personal information for certain legal reasons set out in data protection law. There are legal reasons under data protection law other than those listed below, but in most cases, we will use your personal information for the following legal reasons:
- Contract Reason: This is so we can perform our contractual obligations to you such as the supply of our goods.
- Legitimate Interests Reason: This is where the use of your personal information is necessary for our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests, so long as that legitimate interest does not override your fundamental rights, freedoms or interests. We do not sell on any personal information. Any involved third parties are used so we can offer you goods, (shipping companies) secure methods of payment (payments at checkout) and means of communicating for marketing purposes for which you would have consented (e.g newsletter subscription)
- Legal Obligation Reason: this is where we have to use your personal information in order to perform a legal obligation by which we are bound; and
- Consent Reason: this is where you have given us your consent to use your personal information for a specific reason or specific reasons.
- So that we are able to provide you with products we will need your personal information. If you do not provide us with the required personal information, we may be prevented from supplying the goods to you.
- It is important that you keep your personal information up to date. If any of your personal information changes, please contact us as soon as possible to let us know. If you do not do this then we may be prevented from supplying the goods to you for example if you input the incorrect address we will be unable to guarantee that you will receive your goods.
- Where we rely on consent for a specific purpose as the legal reason for processing your personal information, you have the right under data protection law to withdraw your consent at any time. If you do wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us using the details set out at the beginning of this notice. If we receive a request from you withdrawing your consent to a specific purpose, we will stop processing your personal information for that purpose, unless we have another legal reason for processing your personal information, in which case, we will confirm that reason to you.
- We have explained below the different purposes for which we use your personal information and, in each case, the legal reason(s) allowing us to use your personal information. Please also note the following:
- if we use the Legitimate Interests Reason as the legal reason for which we can use your personal information, we have also explained what that legitimate interest is; and
- for some of the purposes we may have listed more than one legal reason on which we can use your personal information, because the legal reason may be different in different circumstances. If you need confirmation of the specific legal reason that we are relying on to use your personal data for that purpose, please contact us using the contact details set out at the start of this privacy notice.
Legal Reason(s) for using the personal information
To enrol you as a customer
Contract Reason to supply goods to you
Legitimate Interests Reason (in order to offer you other goods which helps us to develop our business)
To process your order, which includes taking payment from you, advising you of any updates in relation to your order or any enforcement action against you to recover payment.
Contract Reason. To supply goods to you
Legitimate Interests Reason (in order to recover money which you owe us
To manage our contract with you and to notify you of any changes
Contract Reason. To supply goods to you
Legal Obligation Reason. To ensure we fulfil our legal obligations to you
To comply with accounting matters
Legal Obligation Reason
For record keeping, so we can see which goods you purchased and help with any problems related to such products.
Contract Reason. To supply goods to you
Legal Obligation Reason. To ensure we fulfil our legal obligations to you.
To improve the goods which we supply
Legitimate Interests Reason (in order to improve the goods wed sell for you, future customers and to grow our business.
To recommend and send communications to you about our goods that you may be interested in.
Legitimate Interests Reason - in order to grow our business
Consent Reason - You have subscribed for our marketing e.g. newsletter
To ensure the smooth running and correct operation of our website
Legitimate Interests Reason - to ensure our website runs correctly)
To understand how customers and visitors to our website use the website and interact with it via data analysis
Legitimate Interests Reason (to improve and grow our business, including our website, and to understand our customer’s needs and requirements)
- Sometimes we may anonymise personal information so that you can no longer be identified from it and use this for our own purposes. In addition, sometimes we may use some of your personal information together with other people’s personal information to give us statistical information for our own purposes. Because this is grouped together wither other personal information and you are not identifiable from that combined data we are able to use this.
- Under data protection laws we can only use your personal information for the purposes we have told you about, unless we consider that the new purpose is compatible with the purpose(s) which we told you about. If we want to use your personal information for a different purpose which we do not think is compatible with the purpose(s) which we told you about then we will contact you to explain this and what legal reason is in place to allow us to do this.
Details of how we collect personal information
- We usually collect contact information, transaction information directly from you when you fill out our checkout form.
- Marketing information collected with your consent is contact information only and is supplied directly from you via filling out a form to consent to such marketing.
Details about who personal Information may be shared with
- We may need to share your personal information with other organisations or people. These organisations include:
- Third parties such as suppliers of services: Such as payment providers to give you a secure payment process. Shipping / postage companies e.g phone numbers or email addresses solely for the purpose of updating you on the transit process of your order.
- Government bodies and regulatory bodies: such as HMRC if requested to do so. Fraud prevention agencies if we suspect you of trying to fraudulently use our website.
- Our advisors: such as lawyers, accountants.
- Any organisations which propose to purchase our business and assets in which case we may disclose your personal information to the potential purchaser..
Details about transfers to countries outside of the EEA
We do not transfer your personal information outside of the EEA.
Details about how long we will hold your personal information
- We will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary. How long is necessary will depend upon the purposes for which we collected the personal information and whether we are under any legal obligation to keep the personal information (such as in relation to accounting records or for tax reasons). We may also need to keep personal information in case of any legal claims.
Your rights under data protection law
- Under data protection laws you have certain rights in relation to your personal information, as follows:
- Right to request access: (this is often called ‘subject access’). This is the right to obtain from us a copy of the personal information which we hold about you. We must also provide you with certain other information in response to these requests to help you understand how your personal information is being used.
- Right to correction: this is the right to request that any incorrect personal data is corrected and that any incomplete personal data is completed.
- Right to erasure: (this is often called the “right to be forgotten”). This right only applies in certain circumstances. Where it does apply, you have the right to request us to erase all of your personal information.
- Right to restrict processing: this right only applies in certain circumstances. Where it does apply, you have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Right to data portability: this right allows you to request us to transfer your personal information to someone else.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to us processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You also have the right to object to us processing personal information where our legal reason for doing so is the Legitimate Interests Reason (see section 4 above) and there is something about your particular situation which means that you want to object to us processing your personal information. In addition to the rights set out in section 10.1, where we rely on consent as the legal reason for using your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent. Further details about this are set out in section 4.5.
- If you want to exercise any of the above rights in relation to your personal information, please contact us using the details set out at the beginning of this notice. If you do make a request then please note:
- we may need certain information from you so that we can verify your identity;
- we do not charge a fee for exercising your rights unless your request is unfounded or excessive; and
- if your request is unfounded or excessive then we may refuse to deal with your request.
- Any marketing you receive from us will be solely concerning our goods, where either you have consented to this, or we have another legal reason by which we can contact you for marketing purposes.
- However, we will give you the opportunity to manage how or if we market to you. In any e-mail which we send to you, we provide a link to either unsubscribe or opt-out, or to change your marketing preferences. To change your marketing preferences, and/or to request that we stop processing your personal information for marketing purposes , you can always contact us on the details set out at the beginning of this notice.
- If you do request that we stop marketing to you, this will not prevent us from sending communications to you which are not to do with marketing (for example in relation to goods which you have purchased from us).
- We do not pass your personal information on to any third parties for marketing purposes.
If you are unhappy about the way that we have handled or used your personal information, you have the right to complain to the UK supervisory authority for data protection, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Please do contact us in the first instance if you wish to raise any queries or make a complaint in respect of our handling or use of your personal information, so that we have the opportunity to discuss this with you and to take steps to resolve the position. You can contact us using the details set out at the beginning of this privacy notice.
Third Party Websites